Mountain Adventure Skills Training
How to Apply to MAST
Learn to safely explore and lead others in awe inspiring wilderness.
Application Deadline is July 31. Applications from qualified students are processed on a first come, first served basis. Do not delay submitting your application.
To apply for entry in the MAST program please complete the following steps:
1. Review the Admission Requirements
Students must be 19 years or older as of September 1 and have completed Grade 12 or equivalent, or have permission from the Program Coordinator. Students must also be physically able to accomplish the tasks of the program.
Please review all admission requirements.
2. Complete the required forms: Visit AccessCOTR to apply online or download an application form. (will open in a new window)
- Enclose your secondary school transcript
- Enclose the $30 application processing fee ($100 if you are an International Student)
- Letter of reference from employer or educational instructor
- Handwritten or typed letter describing yourself, your interest in the MAST program and your past experience and future plans in the adventure tourism industry
- MAST questionnaire
- Skier ability levels and Agreement
- Medical Form
College of the Rockies
Fernie, BC, VOB 1MO
3. A non-refundable commitment fee of $250 is required. You are given details for this payment in your letter of acceptance. Tuition installment and deadlines will be detailed in your letter of acceptance.
For further general student information and responsibilities, please see our current College Calendar.