Looking for a high voltage occupation that is challenging, secure and financially rewarding? A career as an electrician might be the right fit for you!
Electricians perform a variety of tasks on the electrical systems of buildings and other structures which may include preparing, assembling, installing, testing, troubleshooting and repairing wiring, fixtures, control devices and related equipment.
To work as an electrician you should:
- Have good communication and reading skills
- Be physically fit and good with your hands
- Have a knack for math and working with mechanical things
- Enjoy using tools, figuring out plans and solving problems
Why Choose a career as an Electrician?
- According to WorkBC, electricians who specialize in new technologies such as solar power, wind power, fuel cells, wiring for smart homes and automated systems for high-tech industries are expected to be in demand.
- Over the last decade, low interest rates and a growing economy has led to an increase in construction which in turn has led to an increased demand for electricians.
From planning to installs to inspecting and testing - each job will bring unique and varied tasks that will challenge you and ensure that no two days are ever the same.