2019/20 Entrance Scholarships and Awards
NOTICE: Entrance Scholarship application is closed for 2019-2020
College of the Rockies offers over $50,000 in entrance awards to first-time students entering into full time programs at the College.
- Students must be Canadian Citizens or a Permanent Resident.
- Students must be entering College of the Rockies for the first time directly from Secondary School in 2020.
Select a link below for more information: ⇓
Scholastic Distinction Scholarships
- (up to two years free tuition)
The most valuable and prestigious scholarships awarded by the College. These awards are available to all East Kootenay Secondary Schools Students with a minimum of 85% grade average in their completed grade 11 and 12 academic classes.
Students can receive up to 2 years of free tuition! (a value of approximately up to $7,000)
Academic Excellence Entrance Scholarships
- ($500 up to one year free tuition)
Open to all East or West Kootenay Secondary School students who have a minimum 75 percent grade average in their completed grade 11 and 12 academic classes.
Awards are from $500 up to One Year of free tuition!
These awards are for all students entering the College for the first time with a minimum 75% grade average in their completed Grade 11 and 12 courses in Language Arts, Social Studies, Science and Mathematics.
Three $1,000 scholarships available.
Applicants must have a minimum 75 percent average in their grade 11 and 12 academic classes.
This $2,000 scholarship is for the top applicant.
A $1,000 tuition scholarship for a Mount Baker Secondary School graduate entering first or second level of an approved Apprenticeship Trades Training program:
- Heavy Duty Mechanic
- Industrial Mechanic
- Sheet metal worker
Assessments for awards are considered on the student's academic merit, performance. Applicants must submit a reference form from an instructor or employer that identifies the student's potential for program completion.
How to apply for all entrance scholarships:
- Apply on-line through the Entrance Scholarship application - January 1- Mar 31/20
- After you have completed your Grade 12 first semester, obtain an official Secondary School transcript containing completed and in progress courses. (You can obtain these from your secondary school office or your provincial Ministry of Education and it must included your fall semesters marks) You must supply a copy to Financial Aid and a copy to Admissions.
- Mail or drop off your documents by the deadline to:
College of the Rockies
Financial Assistance and Awards Office
PO Box 8500, 2700 College Way
Cranbrook BC, V1C 5L7