BBA Semester Abroad Scholarships
College of the Rockies BBA Semester Abroad Scholarships recognize international learning opportunities in the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) program for students. Up to two $2500 tuition scholarships per year will be awarded for students to complete one semester (fall or winter) of their third year of the College's BBA program abroad. Students must be returning to the College for at least one semester with the goal of completing their BBA degree.
To be successful in this competitive process, applicants must work with the BBA program coordinator to clearly demonstrate that the experience has academic merit (ie: credit transfer for courses taken abroad), and that it links to educational and personal goals.
- Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- Enrolled in Year 3 of the BBA program, in Year 2 of the Business Administration or Tourism and Recreation Management diploma program with the intention of completing one semester (fall or winter) of year three of the BBA program abroad
- Have completed at least one semester (full time; minimum 60% course load) at College of the Rockies
- Be returning to College of the Rockies for at least one semester full time (minimum 60% course load) after the experience is complete with the goal of completing your BBA degree at College of the Rockies.
- Undertake a semester abroad outside of Canada and the United States that has both academic credibility as well as learning outcomes applicable to your program of study and learning goals
- Plan to undertake appropriate language and cultural learning, as required, prior to and during your overseas experience
- Work with the BBA program coordinator to ensure transfer credit will be awarded and applicable for the courses studies abroad
- Agree to provide communication about the semester abroad experience that could include public presentations, newspaper submissions, and/or interviews
- Scholarship recipients must provide evidence of the trip by submitting a boarding pass or airfare ticket upon return to the College
- Students must also provide a formal document (eg: transcript) from the overseas institution to confirm the semester aboard and relevant courses were completed
- Have a grade average of 65% or higher in the current year of school
- Have not previously received a BBA Semester Abroad Scholarship
College of the Rockies BBA Semester Abroad Scholarships are awarded based upon:
- 65% or higher grade average. Decisions are based on marks available at the time of application;
-Briefly describe your identified overseas learning opportunity, your academic and career goals, and how the study abroad experience applied to your learning plan, along with why you choose to study at College of the Rockies
- Read carefully and complete the student application form. Applications must be typed
- Print, sign and date your completed application
- Submit application to the Financial Assistance and Awards office at College of the Rockies by March 31, 2017 for studies in the fall 2017 semester.
The College of the Rockies BBA Semester Abroad Scholarship will be placed on the successful applicants tuition account for the fall or winter semester when the student returns to complete their fourth year of the program.