Do you love working with people? Do you follow the latest fashions and trends? If so, a career as a hairstylist might be just the right fit for you!
Our Hairstylist Foundation program is a provincially accredited training program designed to prepare you for entry level positions in the hairstylist industry. Through regular lectures, demonstrations and practical skills training in a fully functional salon setting, this program will help you gain the knowledge and skills needed to work as a hairstylist.
To work as a hairstylist you should have:
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Good listening and conversation skills
- Good manual dexterity
Duties performed by hairstylists include:
- Suggesting hairstyles that suit a client‘s physical features or determining a style based upon a client's instructions
- Shampooing, rinsing, cutting, trimming, tapering, curling, waving, perming and styling hair
- Appling bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair
- Analyzing hair and scalp conditions and providing basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair
- Cleaning and styling wigs and hair pieces
- Applying hair extensions
Who choose a career as a Hairstylist?
- Flexibility - Many salons allow you to work specific days and hours to suit your lifestyle.
- Job security - Almost everyone gets their hair done! Bad times, good times, it does not matter.
Job satisfaction - You will be helping others to look and feel good about their appearance.