Heavy Duty Equipment Technician - Year 4 - Apprenticeship (2018/19)
|Total Cost (tuition & fees)||$437.96|
|International Tuition »|
All students that apply to the College are required to pay the $30 application fee. The application fee for international students is $100. Trades Apprenticeship students who are new to the College pay a one-time application fee per trade.
|Student Association Fee:|
For credit based courses there is an $11.50 student association fee for each course. The maximum student associate fee is 3 courses per semester for a total of $34.50. Some programs (Trades, Vocational & Health) are charged based on number of weeks they are in session. For these programs the student association fee is $2.30 per week of study (an 8 week program is charged $2.30 x 8 weeks = $18.40 fee).
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change.
Additional Program Info
This program covers the program competencies for Level 4 of the four-year Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Apprenticeship program. Learning outcomes covered include diagnosing and repairing advanced hydraulic systems, servicing, diagnosing and repairing electric drive systems, diagnosing and repairing wheeled equipment steering, track machine steering, and undercarriage, as well as, diagnosing and repairing working attachments and pneumatic systems.
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Year 3 Technical Training
Flexible Assessment (FA): Yes (Credit can be awarded for this program through FA)
Prior Learning Credit: Student may apply for prior learning credit with the ITA (Industry Training Authority), please visit www.itabc.ca
Visit our Trades Training Schedule for program start dates
Upon the successful completion of this program, students will be able to
- diagnose and repair advanced hydraulic systems;
- service, diagnose and repair electric drive systems;
- diagnose and repair wheeled equipment steering, track machine steering, and undercarriage; and
- diagnose and repair working attachments and pneumatic systems.
Technical Training Content:
HDAP 401 Hydraulics
- Diagnose and Repair Advanced Hydraulic Systems
HDAP 402 Electrical
- Service, Diagnose and Repair Electric Drive Systems
HDAP 403 Frames, Steering, and Suspension
- Diagnose and Repair Wheeled Equipment Steering
- Diagnose and Repair Track Machine Steering
- Diagnose and Repair Undercarriage
HDAP 404 Structural Components and Accessories
- Diagnose and Repair Working Attachments
- Diagnose and Repair Pneumatic Systems