Steamfitter/Pipefitter Year 4 - Apprenticeship (2018/19)
|Total Cost (tuition & fees)||$845.92|
|International Tuition »|
All students that apply to the College are required to pay the $30 application fee. The application fee for international students is $100. Trades Apprenticeship students who are new to the College pay a one-time application fee per trade.
|Student Association Fee:|
For credit based courses there is an $11.50 student association fee for each course. The maximum student associate fee is 3 courses per semester for a total of $34.50. Some programs (Trades, Vocational & Health) are charged based on number of weeks they are in session. For these programs the student association fee is $2.30 per week of study (an 8 week program is charged $2.30 x 8 weeks = $18.40 fee).
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change.
This Steamfitter/Pipefitter program delivers the Year 4 technical training competencies required in the British Columbia Steamfitter/Pipefitter apprenticeship trade.
Steamfitter/Pipefitter means a person who installs, alters, or repairs steam and hot water boilers and systems for generation and conveyance of steam and hot water and process piping systems in industrial project of manufacturing plants.
- Sponsored Steamfitter/Pipefitter Apprentice that has successfully completed Year 3 technical training and completed the pre-requisite number of hours of work experience, OR
- Journeyperson Steamfitter/Pipefitter (for skills upgrading).
Flexible Assessment (FA): Yes (Credit can be awarded for this program through FA)
Prior Learning Credit: Student may apply for prior learning credit with the ITA (Industry Training Authority), please visit www.itabc.ca
Visit our Trades Training Schedule for program start dates
Upon the successful completion of this program, students should be able to:
- read drawings and specifications;
- plan a project;
- install process piping systems;
- install air conditioning piping systems;
- install refrigeration piping systems;
- install medical gas piping systems;
- install instrumentation piping systems;
- describe renewable energy systems;
- install and service fuel gas systems;
- install and service fuel gas controls and safeguards;
- install and service fuel gas equipment;
- install venting and air supply; and
- apply gas codes, regulations and standards.
Technical Training Content:
PFIT 401 Organize Work
- Read drawings and specifications
- Plan a project
PFIT 402 Special Application Systems
- Install process piping systems
- Install air conditioning piping systems
- Install refrigeration piping systems
- Install medical gas piping systems
- Install instrumentation piping systems
- Describe renewable energy systems
PFIT 403 Install Natural Gas and Propane Systems
- Install and service fuel gas systems
- Install and service fuel gas controls and safeguards
- Install and service fuel gas equipment
- Install venting and air supply
- Apply gas codes, regulations and standards