Cranbrook Rotary Centennial Bursary
Celebrate 100 years of Rotary in Cranbrook by supporting students
Rotary is a global network of 1.2 million neighbours, friends, leaders, and problem-solvers who see a world where people unite and take action to create lasting change – across the globe and in our communities. In 2022, the Rotary Club of Cranbrook will turn 100 years old! We invite you to celebrate 100 years of Rotary in Cranbrook by supporting college students for years to come with a donation to the Cranbrook Rotary Centennial Bursary.
What is the Cranbrook Rotary Centennial Bursary?
This bursary will help College of the Rockies students in need of financial support to achieve their educational goals, while helping with living expenses along the way. Each year, interest earned from this endowed fund will support a College of the Rockies student from Cranbrook who contributes to the community (through any number of means), with good academic standing and a positive attitude. Preference will be given to a student who intends to return to the College the following September for academic or apprenticeship training.
The diverse people who join the world’s 35,000 Rotary Clubs soon discover that not only do they bring value to their communities, they have a lot of fun doing it! Here in Cranbrook, Rotarians have fun working on:
- Rotary Park – children’s water park, Rotary band stand, public washrooms;
- Idlewild Park – children’s playground, zipline, and Ridge Trail;
- Rotary Way – legacy paved trail through the heart of our community;
- Scott Villa – affordable housing for vulnerable citizens;
- Annual Christmas Dinner for 400 local seniors at the Colombo Lodge;
- Rotary Clock Tower, an iconic landmark on Baker Street;
- Dozens of donations to a wide range of local non-profits;
- Educational and health assistance for children in Honduras.
By investing in students at College of the Rockies, you are empowering the next generation of community leaders to make a difference in the world through values that align with Rotary’s mission and vision.
How to contribute
Thank you for considering a gift to the Cranbrook Rotary Centennial Bursary. Donations can be made securely online with a credit card, or by mailing a cheque made out to ‘College of the Rockies’ (please note ‘Rotary Bursary’ in the memo line) at:
College of the Rockies
Donor and Alumni Engagement Office
2700 College Way
Cranbrook, BC V1C 5L7