Are you a woman looking to advance your career, re-enter the workforce or start your own business? Seneca HELIX’s HERizons program is helping to dismantle gender barriers in the workplace by providing free career support and training specifically developed for women.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Adult Learning, Literacy and Essential Skills – Women’s Employment Readiness Pilot Program.
HERizons will provide those who identify as women with free training, access to thought leaders and networking opportunities to help you make a realistic and achievable plan for the future you want.
All components of the program are free-of-charge, and are developed from an inclusive, women-focused perspective. These components include:
- targeted workshops, online and in-person
- immersive VR simulation learning sessions on topics such as how to prepare for interviews and public speaking
- career development sessions
- microgrants for female entrepreneurs
- networking events with successful entrepreneurs
- HELIX RISE, an annual summit that brings together female thought leaders to share insights on topics such as personal branding, finances and more
- access to technology (e.g. laptops and printers), childcare and/or transportation for in-person event participants
FREE Cohort-based Business English and Business Math Training Courses
Additionally, HERizons will offer cohort-based training courses to help develop essential math and English skills. Interested participants will need to complete an evaluation to determine proficiency prior to enrolment.
HERizons Business English | FREE 8-week online course
This course covers effective writing techniques to draft common business documents such as reports, emails and resumés. You will also learn how to improve verbal communication skills for presentations, negotiations and more. This is a non-credit course.
HERizons Business Math | FREE 8-week online course
This course explores the fundamentals of mathematics for business and finance. It reviews key concepts such as interest calculations, annuities, and loan financing. You will also learn about currency conversion and trade discounts. All these skills will equip you to make good, informed decisions. This is a non-credit course.
Our April 2023 intake will be opening soon. If you would like to be added to our waitlist for this spring, please submit an online information request form expressing your interest in these courses.
Upcoming HERizons Events
March 23 @ 5:00 pm – 5:30 pm MST – HERizons Motivational Minutes: Developing Your Leadership Voice
April 4, @ 5:00 pm – 6:30 pm MST – Effective Communication in a Virtual World