Academic Dual Credit

At College of the Rockies, academic dual credit courses are available through the University Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Tourism, Recreation, and Kinesiology programs. For the most part, when you successfully complete a College of the Rockies courses, you will receive 4 high school credits and 3 post-secondary credits.

Eligibility for Academic Dual Credit:

You are eligible to take part in the academic dual credit program if:

  • You are entering into grade 11 or 12 at a school in School District 5, 6, or 8.
  • 19 years of age or under.
  • The College of the Rockies course is part of the University Arts and Science, Business, Tourism, Recreation, or Kinesiology programs.
  • Your principal or counsellor has signed the dual credit application form.

Academic Dual Credit FAQs

How to Apply for Academic Dual Credit

Step 1 – Choose from our wide variety of courses

Explore College of the Rockies’ courses options in the University Arts and Science, Business, Tourism Management, Recreation Management, or Kinesiology programs.

Online courses offer the most flexibility while you’re attending high school. You can work on your course anywhere you have access to a computer and the Internet. Consider taking a regularly scheduled course in a face-to-face classroom if you have access at your nearest campus.

Step 2 – Apply and get permission

Download and complete the Dual Credit Award Application (requires approval from your high school) and submit to College of the Rockies’ Enrolment Services office (Cranbrook) or to your local College of the Rockies campus along with your College of the Rockies Application for Program Admission form. Note: The College of the Rockies application form can also be completed online. (Note: $30 application fee will be waived)


  • Permission from your school Principal/Counsellor is required before final acceptance to College of the Rockies is granted.
  • If you do not qualify for the Dual Credit Award you can still take a dual credit course at the College of the Rockies but must still submit the Dual Credit School Permission Form from your school with your application. Regular fees will apply.

Step 3 – Register for Courses

Once you have been accepted as a College of the Rockies student, you can register for courses.

We’re here to Help!

Faculty and staff in CranbrookKimberleyInvermereGoldenFernie, and Creston are available to help you with course selection, university transfer information, or online course support.