PeAks Campus Store
Our Campus Store is currently open weekdays from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm. We accept payment via Debit, Visa, Mastercard, College Gift Card, Scholarship or Sponsorship, cash or cheques. To avoid line-ups, students may be asked to return at designated times to obtain materials
If you cannot make it to the store during our regular hours, please call or email us to make arrangements to “pay & pick-up” or have your materials shipped directly to you if you are a distance student.
Please be prepared to follow all requested safety protocol.
The Campus Store is located on the lower foyer of the Cranbrook campus and offers convenient one-stop shopping for all your needs and reads!
We stock both new and used textbooks and course materials (used books subject to availability). We also stock a great selection of College of the Rockies branded clothing and gifts such as program hoodies, water bottles, reloadable gift cards, and much more. Stop in today to check out all the great things we have to offer!
What books do I need?
Use our handy textbook calculator to review texts for the current semester.
- Materials are cited for the current semester. Materials for future semesters cannot be listed until they are confirmed by faculty prior to each semester, as texts and editions frequently change.
- For budgeting purposes, we suggest you estimate about $200.00 per course for future semesters’ textbooks.
- As we have deadlines for returns to Publishers, once a book is removed from our shelves you may not have the opportunity to purchase it via the Bookstore. Do not wait until the last minute to get your books!
Purchases can be made by cash, cheque (with appropriate ID), gift certificate, debit card, Visa, Mastercard, scholarship voucher, or on the account of an approved sponsor (valid written authorization required).
Use our handy textbook calculator to review texts for the upcoming semester.
- Contact the Bookstore directly to order your textbooks.
- There is no cost to ship orders for pick up at any of our community campuses (Kimberley, Creston, Invermere, Golden, Fernie). These orders can be prepaid, or you may pay upon pick up at the campus. Inter-campus shipments usually take 2-3 days to arrive.
- Orders shipped directly to students will have shipping charges and need to be prepaid (Visa, Mastercard, or cheque). These ship via Purolator Ground and usually take 4-6 business days within Canada.
- Books shipped for pick up at one of our community campuses may be prepaid (Visa or Mastercard), or paid for when picked up at the destination campus – whatever works best for you!
- Books shipped directly to students must be prepaid – by Visa, Mastercard, or cheque. If paying by cheque, ensure you contact the Bookstore for a quote on the full amount – which must be received before we can ship the order.
Used Books / Buyback
The Bookstore tries to buy and sell as many used books as possible. Used books are stocked on the shelf with the new books and are identified by a “used” sticker on the spine. Used books cost about 75% of the price of a new book.
Used Book Buyback
The Bookstore conducts a big Textbook Buyback during exam week each April and a smaller Buyback in December. Watch for posters advertising the exact dates of our Textbook Buyback.
Used books can have hi-lighting, underlining and other such minor alterations, however they must be in whole, good resale condition. Any materials that were packaged with the book (CD’s, study guides, etc) should be brought back as well.
1. How do I know if my book(s) will be bought back?
Bring them to the buyback to see if they are being purchased. It is difficult to know too far in advance precisely which books are going to be bought back as it is contingent on faculty confirming advance adoptions of their texts – which can happen up to the last minute.
2. How much money will I get for my books?
Generally, you can expect about 50% of the price you paid for the book; however, it can be less if an access card/code needs to be added to the book in order to resell it.
3. Do I need the receipt for my books?
Yes; generally we only buy back used books from those who bought the book here; so bring proof of purchase.
4. What if I am distance student who wants to sell back my books?
If you are a distance student interested in selling your books back to us, please contact the Bookstore with the list of books you want to sell by title and edition. We will contact you when we determine if we can buy them or not.
We are so much more than your average bookstore! The College bookstore offers a great selection of merchandise.
- College of the Rockies branded clothing including program hoodies
- School supplies
- Reloadable College of the Rockies gift cards
- Drinks, snacks, and much more!
Questions regarding merchandise? Please contact us!
Keep your receipts! All returns for refund or exchange must be accompanied by the original cash register receipt.
Customers normally have 10 business days from date of purchase for refunds/exchanges on any returnable items. However, at the beginning of the fall and winter semesters the return deadlines are extended a bit longer to accommodate students changing courses; please check with the Bookstore for extended fall and winter return deadlines.
Items must be in new, unmarked condition.
The Bookstore will not accept returns on the following items
- used textbooks
- plastic wrapped books, materials, or merchandise that has been opened
- any materials tagged with a “Non-Returnable” sticker
- special orders
- clearance or sale items
Please contact the Bookstore to obtain prior approval for a distance return. Our normal policy/conditions apply, and (unless incorrect materials were supplied) the student bears the cost/risk for the return shipment.
Note: We reserve the right to refuse any return outside of our normal timelines, or in anything other than new condition.
Please contact the Bookstore directly to inquire about any special orders. Due to freight and other factors, we may not be able to assist with special orders under $50. Special orders require a non-refundable deposit (unless the item cannot be supplied).