Discipline/Teaching Area: Accounting and Business
I joined the faculty at College of the Rockies in 2017 and instruct in the Business Administration program, primarily accounting, business mathematics, and management courses. I also serve as a member of the Research Advisory Committee.
My education includes:
- Bachelor of Arts, 2004 (Trinity Western University)
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 2007 (Trinity Western University)
- Chartered Professional Accountant, 2010 (CPABC)
- CPA In-Depth Tax Course, Level 1, 2 and 3, 2014 (CPA Canada)
- Provincial Instructor Diploma, 2020 (Vancouver Community College)
My prior work experience includes 11 years in a public practice accounting firm where I specialized in auditing, accounting and Canadian income tax.
When I have the time, I enjoy playing guitar, running, golfing, biking and cross-country skiing. I also enjoy camping with my family in the summer time.
I like to make full use of our excellent classroom technology in order to give students the best educational experience possible.
My teaching philosophy falls into the construct of cognitivism: teaching people how to think and solve problems. I like to have an interactive classroom with plenty of practice of the concepts being taught and like to review concepts frequently to reinforce them and improve student learning retention.