We are currently in the pilot phase of the peer mentorship program.
The Peer Mentorship program provides incoming students with peer-to-peer support and guidance during their first year at College of the Rockies. The objective of this program is to provide Mentees with various skills and support to help them be successful in their educational goals. Mentors meet with their Mentees approximately one hour per week through one-on-one support and other social events organized by the mentorship program.
Benefits to Mentors:
- To access training and professional development opportunities
- To share one’s knowledge and experiences
- To enhance self-esteem
- To share educational, leadership, career and learning goals
- To gain recognition for service to the individual and the College
- To enjoy the feeling of being useful and supportive
- A meaningful resume entry
Benefits to Mentees:
- To learn more about the College and the community
- To build self-esteem
- To enhance self-motivation, self-discipline and goal setting
- To be more successful in reaching their educational goals
- To make a successful transition to college