T2202 – Tuition and Enrolment Certificate

Since the 2019 tax year, all post-secondary institutions are required to provide the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) with each student’s Social Insurance Number (SIN) on the Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202). In compliance with this Canada Revenue Agency regulation, students paying eligible tuition at College of the Rockies are required to provide a Social Insurance Number (SIN) to the college.

Students registered in eligible courses at the College are issued a Tuition and Enrolment Certificate (T2202).  Further information regarding the eligibility of amounts can be found at the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). Information about Authorized Federal use of the SIN can be found on the Government of Canada site.

To submit your SIN to College of the Rockies:

  • Log in to your AccessCOTR account
  • Select “Social Insurance Number (SIN) Information”
  • Click on the pencil icon to enter your Social Insurance Number
  • Enter your Social Insurance Number and click “Submit”

If you have forgotten your AccessCOTR User name or password, select one of the following options then enter your last name and email address.

After you complete the request, an email will be sent with your User name and link to reset your password.

You may also provide us with your SIN number in person at all College campuses. Be sure to bring your Social Insurance Number (SIN) card and a valid piece of government issued photo ID (e.g. driver’s license, passport) so we can update your number. If you are an employee of the College, please contact Human Resources.

For more information about the Social Insurance Number (SIN), visit the Government of Canada. 

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Social Insurance Number (SIN) and how do you obtain one?

What is a T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate)?

How do I get my T2202 (Tuition and Enrolment Certificate)?

What if I need to update my Social Insurance Number (SIN)?

I am an International student; am I required to provide a Social Insurance Number (SIN)? Do I need a T2202?

I received my T2202 certificate but the address on it is incorrect. Do I need a new one?

It looks like you spelled my name wrong. What happened?

I took courses at the College, why isn’t there a T2202 certificate for me?

Why doesn’t my T2202 match the amount I paid?

My parents need my T2202. Will you send it directly to them for me?

My tuition was paid by my employer or by sponsorship. Will you send my T2202 directly to them for me?

I do not have a SIN. How can I apply for one?

What if I have questions about how to do an income tax return or need help understanding tax deductions?

What is the difference between “Part Time Months” and “Full Time Months” on my T2202?

What if I have questions about my T2202?