Physical distancing requirements due to the COVID-19 pandemic resulted in traditional graduation celebrations being postponed, cancelled, and even held virtually. Missing out on the opportunity to cross the stage to receive your certificate, diploma, or degree can be a huge disappointment, but don’t let it keep you from celebrating. Your graduation is a huge accomplishment. You worked hard to get here – be sure to find a way to enjoy it.
College of the Rockies will be celebrating our graduating class of 2020 in a few different ways:
- Commemorative Grad Box – Created just for the graduating class of 2020, in this box you’ll find the parchment you worked so hard to earn, along with other items to celebrate your achievements.
- Convocation Website – This new website will be continuously updated throughout the month of June as we receive new content, so be sure to return often to see new videos from familiar faces at the College, a space for family and friends to share congratulatory messages, downloadable photo props and other shareable items, and a list of all our 2020 graduates.
- Virtual Convocation Event – On Friday, June 26 we will hold a virtual 2020 commencement event. Though this virtual ceremony is different from how we typically recognize convocation, we want to acknowledge and celebrate the hard work and dedication you have put into your education. Watch our Convocation website and our social channels for updates.
Looking for some additional ways to celebrate your 2020 graduation? Consider these ideas:
- Party on! Plan a virtual party with your classmates, family and friends using a virtual meeting room. Choose a theme for your guests, send out online party invitations, and be sure to decorate your space.
- Dress up your digs. Create a homemade sign declaring ‘I’m a member of College of the Rockies’ Class of 2020!’ to hang on your front door or put up in your yard.
- Treat yourself! Order a special graduation cake or cupcakes – or enjoy your favourite indulgence.
- Cap it off. Go for a hike – wearing your grad cap and tassel. Be sure to take celebration photos along the way.
- Picture this. Speaking of photos, arrange for a photo shoot so you can always remember this unique graduation celebration. You can either DIY with a family member behind the camera or see if local photographers are offering porch portraits or regular photography services. Get really creative and build your own Grad 2020 backdrop.
Your graduation is an important milestone. Though we’re disappointed to not be able to share in your big day this year, we hope you’ll still find a way to celebrate. You have worked hard to get here – and all of us at College of the Rockies are proud of you.
We’d love to see photos and video clips of your graduation celebrations. Tag us on IG (@cotrsocial) or Twitter (@COTR_Updates) or post on our Facebook page (be sure to make the photo visible to the public).