Prepare for a career that never goes out of style!
Do you love working with people? Do you enjoy following the latest fashions and trends? If so, a career as a hairstylist might be just the right fit for you!
To work as a hairstylist, you should:
- Enjoy working with people and helping them achieve their style
- Be creative and detail oriented
- Have good listening and conversation skills
- Have good manual dexterity
As a hairstylist you not only shampoo, cut, curl, straighten, colour, streak and style hair, you also help your clients by suggesting hairstyles to suit a client’s features and offer beauty advice for their best look.
To become a Hairstylist there are two ways to start.
*College of the Rockies does not currently offer Hairstylist Level 1 or Level 2.
- 43-week full time program
- September intake
- You do not need an employer to take the Hairstylist Foundation program! In fact, the main reason to take the program is to gain experience and knowledge about the hairstylist trade to make it easier for you to find an employer.
If you are a high school student, contact the counseling office at your high school for information on how to become a Youth Train in Trades student and get a jump-start on your trades training while you complete your high school diploma. Learn more about the Youth Train in Trades program.
Hairstylist Training Schedule
|Hairstylist||FDTN||September 5, 2023||July 18, 2024||43 Weeks|
|Hairstylist||FDTN||September 3, 2024||July 24, 2025||43 Weeks|
*Projected | All dates subject to change |