Our annual Open House is coming up on Saturday, November 4. If you have checked out the Open House website, you will have seen that the list of scheduled sessions different program areas and interactive demonstrations is quite lengthy. So how do you make the most of your time at the Open House?
- Attend the scheduled program sessions, if possible. If there is a particular program you’re interested in, or a few you’re trying to decide between, the scheduled sessions are a great way to meet program faculty and current students who can answer any questions you may have. Be sure to attend the Financial Aid and Awards presentation too – at either 11:00 or 11:30 – to learn about the options that can help keep the costs of your education down.
- Not sure what you want to do in the future or what program fits you best? Attending the Connecting College and Career Goals session offered at 10:00 am or at 12:30 pm can help bring some clarity.
- In between sessions, head up to the main foyer or indicated room numbers and browse the program areas, chat with faculty and students, and learn more about a wide variety of programs and courses.
- Take in some of the demonstrations. Whether you’d like to see a Nursing Manikin give birth, have a fitness assessment from a Kinesiology student, watch an electromagnetism demonstration in the Physics lab, a 24M Grader Simulator or Carpentry CNC demonstration, these can highlight the types of cutting-edge technology you would have access to as a College student. Be sure to also check out 3D printers and scanners in our Idea Lab, how to use virtual reality goggles for teaching and learning and visit our new Learning Commons.
- Want to know what kind of services are here to support you as a College of the Rockies student? Pop by the main foyer to chat with our Student Navigator and Education Advisor, Admissions Officers, Student Housing, and more.
- Take part in tours of the Dental Assistant Clinic, Fine Arts Studio, and/or our Professional Cook kitchen.
- Enjoy some Fry Bread!
- Cheer on the College of the Rockies’ Avalanche in the gymnasium, starting at 1:00 pm.
Hope to see you between 10:00 am and 1:00 pm on November 4 at College of the Rockies Cranbrook main campus.