English 090 focuses on the following core skills: reading, comprehension, vocabulary development, study skills, literary appreciation and analysis, and writing. Through literature, research and analysis and class discussions, students broaden their knowledge of society as they meet the provincially articulated learning outcomes for Provincial Level ABE English.
ENGL-090 - English
Minimum Credits: 3 Length: 90 hours Prerequisites: Either ENGL 080, Composition 11, Literary Studies 11 or English First Peoples: Literary Studies + Writing 11 or equivalent. Delivery Method: Directed Studies, On-campus, Online Cost: $78.84 Course Outline: https://sps.cotr.bc.ca/Outlines/Course Outlines/ENGL090.pdf
Students can self-register for semesterized upgrading courses but need to contact the UACE Coordinator or Ed Advising for Directed Studies courses.
Although all upgrading courses are tuition free, college and student fees still apply.
Fees vary depending upon courses chosen:
- Adult Upgrading Semester courses: $53.55 per course
- Adult Upgrading Directed Studies:
- 010 – 060 level – $26.26 per course, textbooks included
- 070 – 090 level – $78.84 per course, textbooks included
- For each adult upgrading course there is an $11.50 Students’ Association fee to a maximum of 3 courses per semester for $34.50.
- If you are enrolled in 3 or more courses in one semester, there is a $44.40 U-Pass fee.