Criminal and Social Justice
Now available fully online!
Are you are interested in human and social behaviour, social justice issues, the Canadian criminal justice system, and the roots of crime and deviance? Our Criminal and Social Justice program may be for you. Earn a certificate or diploma that gets your career started or helps you complete a degree in Justice Studies, Law Enforcement Studies, Criminology, and more.
Why Choose a Criminal and Social Justice Career?
- Many career options in corrections, probation/parole, border services, social work and more.
- Career opportunities available with federal, provincial, and municipal governments
- You can have a positive and meaningful influence in individuals’ lives.
We know that life is busy. At College of the Rockies, you can create a flexible schedule and attend your classes either face to face or online. The diploma is also available entirely online, so you can complete your studies from anywhere in Canada.
The strength of this program is its connection to the real world and hands-on learning opportunities. Look forward to engaging classes filled with experiential learning opportunities whether you attend at the Cranbrook campus or from your home or workplace. Note: All virtual classes are based in Mountain Time
Individuals who are interested in a career in criminal and social justice should be:
- Keen to work as part of a team
- Able to operate computer systems
- Committed to recognizing social injustices, marginalization, and oppression
- Able to communicate clearly, engage in critical thinking, exercise good judgement, and manage stress
- Willing to follow established procedures
The Criminal and Social Justice certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the first year, with a total of 30 credits.
The diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the two year diploma curriculum, with a total of 60 credits.