Become a University student while attending College of the Rockies
Are you university-bound? Studies have shown that students who begin at College of the Rockies complete university with overall higher grade point averages than did their counterparts at most other BC colleges and universities.
The Dual Admission program provides you with a smooth transition from College of the Rockies to the University of Lethbridge.
You will be considered a College of the Rockies student and a university student right from the start.
- No need to compete with transfer students for a spot.
- Save thousands of dollars by taking your first year or two at the College.
- Smaller class sizes mean more personalized attention and access to instructors.
- Access to university co-op work programs to gain valuable work experience.
- You can apply for scholarships at both College and University – after all, you’ll be a student at both!
University of Lethbridge Dual Admission
The purpose of the Dual Admission program is to provide a smooth and successful transition from College of the Rockies to one of our partner universities.
University of Lethbridge Dual Admission
- You enroll in the Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree program or one of three programs in the Faculty of Fine Arts at College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge using one form.
- You spend up to your first two years studying at College of the Rockies enjoying smaller class sizes and lower tuition.
- Once you successfully complete your transferable courses at College of the Rockies you are guaranteed a spot in your degree program at University of Lethbridge (provided you meet the program admission requirements).
- Guaranteed spot in your degree program – you won’t need to compete with the 1000+ students who transfer to University of Lethbridge on a yearly basis.
- Early course registration – once you move your studies to University of Lethbridge you will be considered a returning student and get to pick your courses before new students.
- Access to Co-op work program – after you finish your first year at College of the Rockies you will be able to access the University of Lethbridge Co-op program and gain work experience between your 1st and 2nd year, and/or between your 2nd and 3rd year.
- Coordinated academic advising – receive semester-by-semester academic advising from both College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge advisors so there will be no surprises when you transfer over your courses.
- Access to Campus Housing – when you move your studies to U of L you can receive the same access to campus housing as transfer students.
- Access to scholarships – you can apply for scholarships at both College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge.
How much does it cost?
During your years in the Dual Admissions program at College of the Rockies you only pay College of the Rockies tuition fees. Over a two year period you can expect to save over $5000 in tuition or approximately 45% per year – savings that can be put towards your next two years at U of L!
- College of the Rockies Application Fee: $30
- No additional fee to apply for Dual Admission
- Tuition cost per year: $2,997.90 + student fees*
*These amounts are based on 10 courses over 1 academic year. All costs and estimates are subject to change.
** When you are ready to transfer to the University of Lethbridge (after a minimum of 5 courses and up to 2 years attending College of the Rockies), you will be required to pay an application fee and tuition fees to the University of Lethbridge.
Who should apply?
This program is designed for students who are looking to attend or transfer to University of Lethbridge to earn a Bachelor degree in Arts, Fine Arts, or Science:
- High school students – interested in earning an Arts, Fine Arts, or Science degree at University of Lethbridge
- First year College of the Rockies students – students beginning their first year of University studies
- Incoming students – mature students interested in earning an Arts, Science or Fine Arts degree at University of Lethbridge
Programs Eligible for Dual Admission
University of Lethbridge offers a wide variety of degree programs. The dual admission option is available for most of their Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science programs and Pre-Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Education and Pre-Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Education. Dual Admission is also available for a selection of their Bachelor of Fine Arts programs and for the Pre-Bachelor of Fine Arts -Art/Bachelor of Education program. Admission is also available (but not guaranteed) for some other competitive entry programs. You will have the option to transfer to the University of Lethbridge after completing a minimum of 15 credit hours (5 courses) toward your degree.
For more information you can view the Dual Admission Guide for University of Lethbridge and College of the Rockies.
Students interested in a University of Lethbridge program not listed below should contact an Education Advisor for more information about transferring to University of Lethbridge.
Faculty of Arts and Science
|Bachelor of Arts||Bachelor of Science|
|Agricultural Studies||Agricultural Biotechnology|
|Archaeology and Geography||Archaeology and Geography|
|Canadian Studies||Biological Sciences|
|English||Computer Science and Geographical Information Science|
|French/Spanish||General Major (Sciences)|
|General Major (Humanities)||Geography|
|General Major (Social Sciences)||Kinesiology|
|Urban and Regional Studies|
Faculty of Fine Arts
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art
Art Studio Major
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Multidisciplinary
Bachelor of Fine Arts – Native American Art
Art Studio Major
To be eligible for the Dual Admission Program you must meet the admission requirements set forth by College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge.
High School Student
|Programs||Required Admission Average**|
|Bachelor of Arts – all majors||65%***|
|Bachelor of Science – all majors||65%***|
|Bachelor of Arts and Science – all majors||65%***|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts – Art||65%***|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts – Multidisciplinary||65%***|
|Bachelor of Fine Arts – Indigenous Art*||65%***|
*Portfolio required for Art Studio majors
**Dual Admission does not guarantee you admission into a competitive program (Faculty of Education, Nursing etc.) Additional admission requirements are required for specific majors: Art Studio, Dramatic Arts, Music, and Indigenous Education (e.g., portfolio for fine arts or audition for music studio courses).
*** The high school average is calculated using:
- One of: English 12 or English 12 First Peoples
- Three academic courses: Any Grade 12 or 12A-level language, History 12, Geography 12, Comparative Civilizations 12, BC First Nations’ Studies 12, Pre-Calculus 12 or Foundations of Mathematics 12, Calculus 12, Biology 12, Chemistry 12, Physics 12, Geology 12, ICT Computer Programming 12, English Literature 12, Writing 12 or one 12-level fine arts course and
- A fifth distinct course at the Grade 12-level worth at least four credits.
College of the Rockies 1st Year Student
If you are transferring from College of the Rockies you typically require a C average in your courses. If you have not completed 6 courses at College of the Rockies your high school average will be considered during your application process:
|Transferable Courses||Admission GPA (4.0 scale)||High School Average Required|
|Fewer than 6 courses||2.0||65%|
|6 or more courses||2.0||Not considered|
Note: Students must ensure they have the required high school courses or equivalents for admission. This is particularly (though not only) for many science programs. See uleth.ca/ross/admissions/undergrad/program-availability for specific high school prerequisites by program.
Transition to University of Lethbridge
To be eligible to transfer to University of Lethbridge you must complete your studies at College of the Rockies with a GPA of at least 3 on the College’s 10-point grading scale (2.00 on the U of L 4-point scale, a grade of ‘C’).
Transfer Activation Form: To “activate” your attendance at the University of Lethbridge you will complete an application to the U of L through ApplyAlberta prior to transferring into your degree program. You will pay an application fee of $140 (for both domestic and international students) through ApplyAlberta.
To get access to the early course registration date and eligibility to U of L’s scholarships make sure you submit your application to ApplyAlberta by the following dates:
- Fall Semester (September) – submit your application to ApplyAlberta by January 15
- Spring Semester (January) – submit your application to ApplyAlberta by October 1
- Apply to College of the Rockies. A non-refundable $30 application fee is required at the time of application.
- Meet College of the Rockies and University of Lethbridge`s academic requirements
- Complete the Application for Dual Admission form below. Note: Include an official interim or final High School Transcript with your application, unless you have completed 8 or more courses (24 credits) at College of the Rockies.
- Set up a meeting with one of our Education Advisors.
Download Application for Dual Admission – University of Lethbridge (UofL)
You should apply for admission to the University of Lethbridge more than one year in advance of the semester you intend to move to U of L.
Students who apply to the University within the regular admissions cycle (i.e. less than one year out) do not qualify for Dual Admission and will be considered as transfer students.
|For Admission to Term Starting||Deadline To Apply for Dual Admission||Deadline to Activate Enrolment to provide access to Early Registration||Deadline to Activate Enrolment to provide access to General Registration||Deadline for Contacting Co-Op||Deadline for Housing||For Scholarships and Awards|
|Starting in September||August 15 of the year prior to attending||January 15 in the spring prior to attending for Registration which starts March 15||See U of L: Admissions Deadlines||Minimum 6 months in advance of the start term||January 15 in the spring prior to attending. See U of L: Housing||June 15 in the summer prior to attending. See U of L: Student Finance|
|Starting in January*||December 15 of the year prior (13 months prior) to attending||October 1 in the term prior to attending for Early Registration which starts November 1||See U of L: Admissions Deadlines||Minimum 6 months in advance of the start term||See: Housing||See: Student Finance|
Note: Some programs only accept students for enrolment in the Fall term starting in September. You may register in courses as an Open Studies Student prior to being accepted into a program.
What Happens Next?
Once you have submitted your completed application form you will receive a conditional acceptance letter from both College of the Rockies (usually within 2 weeks) and University of Lethbridge (usually within 4-6 weeks). Questions? If you have any questions regarding our Dual Admission application process, you can visit https://www.uleth.ca/ross/admissions/undergrad/dual-admission, or set up a time to speak with an Education Advisor.