About the StrongerBC future skills grant
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is here to help you pursue the future you want. The grant will cover up to $3,500 of eligible costs for your short-term skills training at public universities and colleges in BC.
Note: Future skills grant funding for select programs is not available for the Winter semester, but may resume in the Fall of 2024. Check back for updates.
To be eligible for the StrongerBC future skills grant, you:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Must be BC residents and currently live in BC.
- Must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of your course/program.
- Must provide consent for College of the Rockies to disclose your information to the Province.
- Should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC future skills grant).
You should also understand that:
- FSG benefits may have tax implications
- The FSG is subject to a lifetime maximum of $3,500
- If you are receiving any federal or provincial benefit, such as Employment Insurance (EI) or BC Employment Assistance (BCEA), you must seek approval from the appropriate government body before participating in a program
- The amount of FSG funding you receive is subject to review and audit.
Confirm your FSG eligibility status
- Find a program that interests you and verify that you meet the admission requirements, and that the timing fits your schedule.
- After registering for the eligible courses, you will not need to make any payment during the registration process for StrongerBC FSG eligible courses.
- Complete the online Confirmation of Eligibility for the StrongerBC future skills grant form. (Currently closed.)
If you have any additional questions please contact us at email@example.com.