Maddie moved to Cranbrook along with her family in 2007. She has been a student at the College since fall 2013. She balances all of her academic pursuits with being a Student Ambassador, would like to host a very intriguing dinner party, and was a great sport when I asked her to stand in the snow! I asked her 10 questions to get to know her a little better – and so you can too.
1) What program are you in?
Right now I am in the UVIC Teacher Education program but I’m in the process of transferring everything over and doing dual admission through University of Lethbridge.
2) Where did you go to high school?
3) What’s been your favourite part of being a College student so far?
The teachers are awesome! They are super committed and you can come and see them whenever you need to and I really appreciate that.
4) What’s the toughest part of being a College student so far?
Getting up for an 8:30 class.
5) Are you a clean or messy person?
I’m a little bit of both. Everywhere else I am very clean and organized but my bedroom is where the chaos is.
6) Are you related to or distantly related to anyone famous?
Apparently I am distantly related to William Wallace but that’s on the word of my grandpa so I’m not sure how much value to put in that.
7) Who was your favourite teacher in school and why?
In high school I would have to say Ms. Johnson. She was my AP English Lit teacher. I wish that I had her for every other English class throughout high school. She was awesome. She loved what she did and she made sure we got through every aspect of the curriculum so I didn’t feel like we missed out on anything. We covered everything that I wanted to and we covered a lot of cool literature things that I wouldn’t have normally experienced in a regular English classroom.
8) What is one skill that you wish you could master?
Whistling. No matter how hard I try, it just does not happen. I can’t snap either.
9) If you could share a meal with any four individuals, living or dead, who would they be?
Jane Austen, Agatha Christie, Viola Davis and Emma Watson.
10) What would you sing at Karaoke night?
A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton