Haul Truck Operator
Looking for a high-paying, entry-level career in the resource industry? Haul Truck Operators can make between $75,000.00 to $100,000.00+ per year. Get a leg up with the Haul Truck Operator program. Developed with industry specialists, this 4-week program prepares you to drive a haul truck and a career in the mining industry.
Upcoming program intakes:
- November 1 – 26, 2021
- January 4 – 28, 2022
Not sure you’re ready to jump behind the wheel of a giant haul truck? Our Haul Truck Operator training includes over 25 hours of driving experience on a top-of-the-line simulator, letting you get a realistic driving experience without risk. Our program is taught at our Fernie campus by instructors with over 30 years of experience in the mining industry.
In addition to your simulator training, you will have the opportunity to earn four health and safety certifications often required on mining work sites, and will receive resume writing and interview skills instruction in an effort to boost your chances of landing a job.
Our 4-week program is offered at our Fernie campus with several intake dates throughout the year.
The Haul Truck Program runs for a total of 30 days.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive a College of the Rockies Continuing Education Certificate of Achievement.
Why Consider a Haul Truck Operator Career?
- In-demand career with high wage earning potential.
- Job security
- Haul truck operation is a great way to get your foot in the door at many mining companies.
You will receive:
- 1-on-1 training by instructors with over 30 years of experience working in the mining industry
- Over 25+ hours of driving experience with the most realistic Haul Truck simulator available on the market
- Resume writing and interview skills training to boost your chances of landing a job with a mining company
- Four health and safety certifications often required on mining work sites
- Safety Procedures
- Operating procedures
- Warning systems
- Assess and react to alarms
- Emergency scenarios
- Radio protocols
- Haul truck makes and models
- Walk around
- Cab controls
- Start up/shutdown/brake/steering
- Lube & service procedures
- Dumping & loading procedures
- Tire care
- Light vehicle operation in a mine
- Standard First Aid for Industry
- Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for Mines in BC
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information Systems (WHMIS)
- Construction Safety Training System (CSTS)
You get an incredibly realistic driving experience when operating our PRO3-B simulator. Designed specifically for surface mining, it offers a wide variety of cutting edge technologies:
Seamless 180° visual experience – utilizing advanced screen display technology, the PRO3-B delivers an unparalleled visual experience, setting a new standard in simulation quality resulting in increased training engagement and learning retention.
Real View Experience – new feature that dynamically adjusts the perspective of the trainee providing a true real-world view outside the cabin while increasing their level of depth perception.
Accurate motion platform feedback – the PRO3-B motion platform delivers the optimum level of tactile feedback required to accurately simulate all surface mining haul-truck operations.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Declaration of physical ability to climb ladder
- Pre-screening interview with one of our instructors
How to Apply:
Step 1 – Complete Application and Declaration Form:
Step 2 – Email or Fax your Forms:
- Email forms to email@example.com
- Fax forms to 250-423-3932 with “Attention Haul Truck Program”
Tuition and Fees:
To pay for this Continuing Education course, visit AccessCOTR
*These prices are for domestic students and may not be 100% accurate. However, these estimates will give you an adequate idea of tuition and fees for our programs. These prices do not include textbook costs. All prices are subject to change. Tuition fees include an alumni fee, student activity fees, and a student technology fee. In certain cases a materials and supply fee may also be included. For more information, visit: Tuition and Fees.
On-site Haul Truck Training
We provide on-site Haul Truck Training to companies, agencies, Indigenous communities and post-secondary institutions across Canada. We will bring our mobile simulator directly to your site and help you meet your training needs.
If you are interested in discussing partnership opportunities with College of the Rockies’s Haul Truck program please contact us!
- Haul Truck Operator program – we bring our complete one-month Haul Truck program to your facility.
- On-site assessment and skill improvement training – we bring our Haul Truck simulator to your site to give your students/trainees real-world experience in preparation and operation of a haul truck. Past examples of skills-specific upgrading include tire care, emergency response, operating in adverse weather conditions and spotting times.
- Travel to career fairs and interactive skills sessions – if your objective is to promote Haul Truck careers, we can help. We’ll bring our Haul Truck simulator to your event and give prospective job applicants a first-hand opportunity to operate a Haul Truck.
Meet Your Instructor:
Rob Doka – Haul Truck Operator Trainer
Rob Doka has over 17 years of experience operating heavy equipment in the mining Industry. He has been a coach/mentor in haul truck training and a Safety Rep at Line Creek Mine. Rob has his level 2 Immersive Pro3 Simulator Trainer Advantage certificate of training, a St. John Ambulance First Aid ticket as well as numerous L&D courses. Rob also assisted in the development of the curriculum and evaluation for the College of the Rockies Haul Truck Operator Program.