Are you passionate about exercise, sport, health, and human movement? Consider the Kinesiology program. Kinesiology is the study of the human body in motion and is a growing field that offers a variety of careers and educational opportunities.
A certificate or diploma in Kinesiology can start you on the path towards a career as a:
- Exercise physiologist
- Occupational therapist
- Personal or athletic trainer
- Coach or instructor
- Health care consultant
- Massage therapist
- Sport psychologist or sociologist
- Biomechanics specialist
Most Kinesiology courses are delivered in the classroom with some available online. You can choose to take either the one-year certificate or the two-year diploma – both of which transfer into Kinesiology degree programs throughout Western Canada (we recommend working with an Education Advisor for credit transfer).
As one of our instructors is a certified Canadian Society for Exercise Physiology (CSEP) Exercise Physiologist and Personal Trainer instructor/examiner, you can also be eligible for CSEP Personal Training certification at the end of your second year – a year ahead of students at many other institutions.
Why Consider a Kinesiology Career?
- Have the ability to contribute to the health and well-being of others.
- An education in Kinesiology can be applicable to a very wide variety of career options.
- Great earning potential. Work BC lists the annual provincial median salary for massage therapists and coaches in the $42,000 range while physiotherapists and occupational therapists can earn an average of $75,000.00 – $80,000.00 annually.
The Kinesiology certificate is awarded to students who successfully complete the required first year courses, with a total of 30 credits.
The diploma is awarded to students who successfully complete the required courses in the Diploma program, with a total of 60 credits.